Story Ads allow Advertisers to reach consumers by placing a branded Tile in Snapchat’s Discover section that opens into a collection of 3-20 Snap Ads.
Why Story Ads?
- 993 px wide x 284 high provided as a .png on transparent background Please Note: Asset should be formatted to fit the full height of the canvas OR fit the full width of the canvas and 50% or more of the height.
- One (1) high-quality image that is 360 px x 600 px, provided as an up to 2 MB .png file.
- Please account for a 175 px ‘buffer zone’ at the top of the image. Please Note: This is to ensure your logo does not conflict with any important image elements on the vertical Tile.
Title of Story:
- Up to 55 characters with spaces (provided as text.)
- Please ensure your Tile image has an 8-bit or lower bit depth.
*Text may not appear within the supplied Tile image.
If background colour of Tile is white, Snapchat recommends adding a gradient shade towards the bottom of the image to ensure the headline that is affixed pops against the background.
- Ensure your brand logo pops on the image – take advantage of the full logo space available by separating your logo into two lines if necessary to fill the maximum allotted space.
- Create a curiosity gap or sense of urgency with your Story title.
- Keep copy clear, concise, and honest.
- When it works, tease utility, novelty, and relevance with your Story title.
- 3-20 ‘chapterized’ Snap Ads provided as separate files for flighting.*
- Each Snap Ad can be up to 10 seconds for a total of up to 200 seconds.
- Attachments (if running on Snap Ads in the Story Ad.)*
- Brand Name: Up to 25 characters with spaces.
- Headline: Up to 34 characters with spaces.
*Article Attachments are not supported.
Snap Ad Creative Guidelines apply for each Snap and Attachment (if applicable), with the exception of required visible branding on each Snap. Story Ad content (Tile and Snap Ads) must comply with Snapchat’s Advertising Policies.
- Your Story Ad is a branded content experience; Create a narrative Users will want to watch and engage with.
- Ensure Snap Ads viewed in succession tell a cohesive story.
- Pace and movement are key; Snap Ads should have personality, energy, movement, and be quick-hitting.
- Avoid using your 1st Snap Ad in the Story Ad as an introduction; Drop right into action, as your Tile acts as the viewer’s introduction to the story.